Description de l'emploi
Labrosse Brewery is looking for a friendly, reliable, energetic beer-tender with open availability to complete our team. Must be over 18 and able to work among a team of motivated servers in a fast-paced environment. Beer serving, craft beer knowledge and food-pairing knowledge is a must for this position. Our bartender position is primarily focused on our staple and new release brews, hence ‘beer’-tender! From the quality of the beer, to the atmosphere of the tap room and especially the service they receive, a guest’s impression of the brewery begins as soon as they walk through the door. Their experience must be excellent. In addition to the day to day activities, beer-tenders will be expected to learn everything they can about our beers, the production process and craft beer in general. They will be expected to guide guests to beers they would enjoy, and explain the differences between staple and seasonal styles. Knowledge of BJCP Styles is an asset, as is knowledge of current trends of the craft-beer industry, including hop, grain and yeast choices.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Bussing bar-tops or tables as required
– Washing glassware
– Ensuring all of our guests have the best possible experience
– Opening up and closing out many days of the week
– Changing kegs
– Accurately taking guest beer orders, checking back to ensure needs are met
– Ability to deal courteously and professionally with guests
– POS understanding
– Money Handling
– Cleaning of facility
– All other day to day activities as necessary to keep the tap room maintained.
Qualifications and Skills *
– Ability to multi-task in a noisy and fast-paced, distraction-filled environment
– Ability to work independently on some shifts
– Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or significant matters, take corrective action when necessary
– Ensure all financial transactions are accurate, calculate and return appropriate change
– Move about facility and stand for extended periods of time
– Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests
– Bend and stoop while serving guests
– Read and write handwritten notes
– Maintain thorough understanding of all beers, and be able to answer guest questions regarding each
– Lift and carry up to 40 pounds
– Dress per requirements, looking neat, clean and professional at all times. Must have your own jeans. Labrosse staff shirts provided.
– Must be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English and French
Passion for craft beer and brewing required!
Previous bartending experience preferred but not required.
Home brewing experience a definite plus.
Job Type: Part-time/Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00-$20.00 per hour
– 8 hour shift
– serving: 1 year (preferred)
– bartending: 1 year (preferred)
– English (required)
– French (required)
Hiring 2 candidates for this role